Bakersfield Workers' Compensation Settlements
Our Attorneys Seek the Settlement You Deserve
There are two ways to settle a
workers' compensation case, and in both cases, the process can be lengthy and frustrating, as
the employer and insurance company may fight adamantly to avoid paying
out the settlement you deserve.
A surprising amount of law firms tend to avoid this commitment to the client,
as litigation can continue for decades. Our legal team at
Berry, Smith & Bartell, a Professional Law Corporation, wants you to know that it is a privilege to represent you, no matter
how long it may take.
- We will provide you with tireless advocacy and ensure your rights and interests
are protected at every step of the process. If you are having difficulty
obtaining the benefits you deserve, do not hesitate to retain the powerful
representation from out Bakersfield workers' compensation attorneys.
Stipulation with Request for Award
A common type of settlement is called a "Stipulation with Request
for Award.” In this type of settlement:
- You (the injured worker) will be paid a certain amount of compensation
over a designated period of time.
- The amount of compensation, paid bi-weekly, is contingent upon the degree
of permanent disability.
- This type of settlement provides for lifetime medical care.
- This medical care is subject to utilization review, however, with the result
being that ongoing medical care is frequently denied by the insurance carrier.
- These continued denials require continuing litigation during the life of
the injured worker.
Compromise and Release
Another type of settlement is called a "Compromise and Release.”
In this type of settlement:
- You (the injured worker) receive a lump sum settlement that closes the
case for good.
- A con would be that you forfeit your rights to receive future medical care
paid for by the insurance company.
- Pros include the settlement will usually be greater than the amount of
permanent disability that you would have received over time. This type
of settlement could be beneficial to you if private insurance will cover
your medical bills.
If you would like to learn more about the settlement options available
to you, contact our legal team at Berry, Smith & Bartell, a Professional
Corporation. For a
free case evaluation, call us at (661) 716-5555 or toll free at (800) 848-6288.